Truly there are so many things to be grateful for. Sometimes, though, certain situations wear us down.
I have those moments, too. Moments when life’s uncertainties just sow fear in me, enough to make me feel sick with worry. Sometimes I end up feeling sorry for myself.
When I go through challenges, no matter how trivial they may be, sometimes I find myself asking, “Why this? Why me? ”
But then, when I stop focusing on myself and my woes… When I stop and look around me, these are what I see–
- I see people carrying their own share of burdens. Sometimes lighter, oftentimes heavier than mine.
- I see people who may have less in life yet who also have bigger smiles.
- I may see people who are proud, yet I also see selfless and loving ones.
- I see the opportunities that have been laid down in front of me. Opportunity to help a brother in need… opportunity to showcase talent… opportunity to be the best Me that I can be.
- I see all those times I surpassed a challenge — and came out stronger, better, wiser.
- I see all the answered prayers.
- I also see the innumerable blessings that I have been showered with all these years.
- I see all those times that my God pulled through for me.
And I go back to being thankful.
Be still and know that I am God. – Ps. 46:10
photo via google image