The past couple of months have been quite an emotional rollercoaster ride for me.
A series of events made me go through all kinds of emotions — disappointment, anxiety, worry, disgust, anger… the list goes on.
I do believe, though, that even in bad circumstances, one is bound to learn something.
These are the things I learned from everything that has been happening in my little world lately. Some of which I already knew, but the universe has a way of reminding us about the things that we ought to learn and remember…
1. Friendships do not happen overnight. And sadly, they are easier broken than built.
2. You cannot be everybody’s friend. Hard as you try.
3. A person’s true character is revealed during difficult or trying times… not when things are good.
4. Same thing goes with friendship. True friends are those who will stand and stick by you, through thick or thin.
5. You cannot buy breeding. Nor can you buy character.
6. People are not always appreciative so don’t expect them to be.
7. You cannot expect everybody to always agree with you or think the way you do. Besides, life will be boring if that’s the case.
8. There will always be people who have a lot to say — about what you do, about what other people do, about the system, about the weather. If what they say doesn’t do you any good, just shut them out.
9. Stay away from negative, toxic people. They will suck the energy out of you.
10. It’s all about perspective. When you feel like your world is closing in on you, step back a little. Find a better view. Breathe. You may not be able to change the situation, but you can change your outlook.
11. You cannot please everybody, help everybody, make everybody happy. But being one person’s hero is enough. Be that hero.
12. Stick to your non-negotiables. They define who you are.
Life is about the ups and downs, good times and bad, hits and misses.
We wake up each morning not knowing what the day has in store for us. We are not always ready for the curve balls that life throws our way.
I may not always anticipate the curve balls, but I intend to go out swinging… And I will bring the lessons I learned with me to fight another day.
photos via google images/clip art